Sunday, March 24, 2013

Winter Wonderland: Sleeves

Winter Wonderland has two sleeves!

So I cast on for the skirt, which you may recall I have decided to do completely in the round. Like an idiot. 285 stitches, since I'll pick up button bands later. That really is quite a lot of stitches in a non-laceweight yarn. They do fit (somewhat scrunched up) on the 40" circular needle, there won't be any increases, and I'm planning a lot of games with markers but I am a bit worried about the impact of any mistakes.

In unrelated news, I have planted a bunch of bareroot ferns before all danger of frost is really past. It's a tricky balancing act between possible exposure to frost and possible rotting in the bag. I know the real answer is to stop buying bags of bareroot plants from Costco but since I love plants *and* I love Costco, that's just not a realistic scenario.

No comments:

Post a Comment